Saving face [videorecording] / directed by Daniel Junge, Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy ; produced by Davis Coombe ... [et al.] ; HBO Documentary Films ; JungeFilm ; Milkhaus.
- New York, N.Y. : Women Make Movies, 
1 videodisc (40 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Jawad, Mohammad.
Women -- Crimes against -- Pakistan.
Chemical burns -- Patients -- Pakistan.
Victims of violent crimes -- Pakistan.
- Documentary films.
- In Urdu with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC.
- "Saving face is a harshly realistic view of some incredibly strong and impressive women. Every year in Pakistan, many women are known to be victimized by brutal acid attacks, with numerous cases going unreported. With little or no access to reconstructive surgery, survivors are physically and emotionally scarred. Many reported assailants, typically a husband or someone else close to the victim, receive minimal punishment from the state. Plastic surgeon Dr. Mohammad Jawad left his prominent London practice to return to his home country and help the victims of such attacks. Two of these women, Zakia and Rukhsana, are victims of brutal acid attacks by their husbands and in Rukhsana's case, her in-laws as well. Both attempt to bring their assailants to justice and move on with their lives with the help of NGOs, sympathetic policymakers, politicians, support groups with other acid attack victims and Dr. Jawad."--Container.
- Produced by Davis Coombe, Daniel Junge, Alison Greenberg, Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy, Sabiha Sumar ; edited by Davis Coombe, Hemal Trivedi ; music, Gunnard Doboze.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2012.
"A journey to heal. A fight for justice."--Container.
Academy Awards, 2012: Best documentary short subject.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Junge, Daniel. , Director
Obaid-Chinoy, Sharmeen. , Director, Producer
Coombe, Davis. , Producer
Greenberg, Alison. , Producer
Sumar, Sabiha. , Producer
Jawad, Mohammad. , Interviewee
Doboze, Gunnard. , Composer
HBO Documentary Films. , Producer
Jungefilm (Firm) , Producer
Milkhaus (Firm) , Producer
Women Make Movies (Firm). , Distributor
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|