Merge ; Disciple / Walter Mosley.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Tor Books, 2012.
- Mosley, Walter. Crosstown to oblivion.
Crosstown to oblivion
151, 132 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
American fiction -- African American authors.
- Science fiction.
- "MERGE Raleigh Redman loved Nicci Charbon until she left him heartbroken. Then he hit the lotto for $26 million, quit his minimum wage job and set his sights on one goal: reading the entire collection of lectures in the Popular Educator Library, the only thing his father left behind after he died. As Raleigh is trudging through the eighth volume, he notices something in his apartment that at first seems ordinary but quickly reveals itself to be from a world very different from our own. This entity shows Raleigh joy beyond the comforts of $26 million dollars....and merges our world with those that live beyond. DISCIPLE Hogarth "Trent" Tryman is a forty-two year old man working a dead-end data entry job. Though he lives alone and has no real friends besides his mother, he's grown quite content in his quiet life, burning away time with television, the internet, and video games. That all changes the night he receives a bizarre instant message on his computer from a man who calls himself Bron. At first he thinks it's a joke, but in just a matter of days Hogarth Tryman goes from a data entry clerk to the head of a corporation. His fate is now in very powerful hands as he realizes he has become a pawn in a much larger game with unimaginable stakes--a battle that threatens the prime life force on Earth. "-- Provided by publisher.
- "A Tom Doherty Associates book."
- Mosley, Walter. Disciple.
- 9780765330093 (hardback)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|