The second part of Youths behaviour, or Decency in conversation amongst women: containing excellent directions for the education of young ladies, gentlewomen, and other persons, and rules of advice how at the first to deport themselves, and afterwards govern the affairs of a family. By the same hand that translated the last volume of Caussin's Holy court. Whereunto is added a collection of select proverbs and wise sentences out of severall languages, usefull in discourse and the government of life, many of them never in print in any language. By the same author. Together with severall letters profitable and delightfull according to the nature of the subject.
- Standardized Title:
- Youths behaviour. Part 2
- Other Title:
- Education of young ladies and gentlewomen
Collection of many select and excellent proverbs out of severall languages
- London : Printed for W. Lee, and are to be sould at the Turks-head in Fleetstreet over against Fetter-Lane, 1664.
, 230,  p. : port. ; 15 cm. (8vo.)
- chin 1.I. e-i- nobe (3) 1664 (A)
- Etiquette for women -- Early works to 1800.
Women -- Conduct of life -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Dedication signed: Robert Codrington.
With frontispiece portrait (A1v) signed: I. Chantry sculp:
Imprimatur on leaf A8v: Imprimatur, G. Stradling, S.T.P. Reverendissimo in Christ. Pat. D. Gilb. Archiep. Cant. à Sac. Domestic. Ex Æd. Lambeth. Nov. 12. 1663.
"A collection of many select, and excellent proverbs out of severall languages" has separate dated title page, with imprint "printed by A.M. for William Lee at the sign of the Turks Head in Fleetstreet", on leaf N3r; pagination and register are continuous.
Advertisements (3 p.) at end.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has Liber Bibliotheca Colegii B.M. Magdalena Oxon:
Culture Class Collection copy has initials "C.L.R."
Culture Class Collection copy has autograph of Mary Papworth, 1729.
- Penn Provenance:
- Magdalen College (University of Oxford). Library (previous owner) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Papworth, Mary (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996), C4878
- Codrington, Robert, 1601-1665.
Chantry, John, d. 1662?
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|