Prairie fires and paper moons : the American photographic postcard, 1900-1920 / Hal Morgan and Andreas Brown ; foreword by John Baskin.
- Boston : D.R. Godine, 1981.
xv, 191 pages : chiefly illustrations (some color) ; 21 x 24 cm
- United States -- Pictorial works.
United States -- Social life and customs -- 1865-1918 -- Pictorial works.
Postcards -- United States.
Manners and customs.
- Illustrated works.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Foreword / John Baskin
In the photographer's studio
At home and at play
Outside the law
Local scenes and events
Appendix: methods of dating photographic postcards.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 1 has magazine article clipping with ms. notes laid in.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 2 & 3 have dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 4 has printing error: first signature (title page-p.xv) is flipped so text is upside down and title page is at the end.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1-4)
- Penn Chronology:
- Brown, Andreas.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Morgan, Hal. Prairie fires and paper moons.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|