Tighten your belts, bite the bullet [videorecording] : Cleveland, New York, and the crisis of America's cities / a production of the City Crisis Film Group ; produced and directed by Jonathan Miller, James Gaffney, Martin Lucas.
- Other Title:
- Cleveland, New York, and the crisis of America's cities [videorecording]
- New York, NY : Icarus Films, [2008?]
1 videodisc (48 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Municipal finance -- United States.
Finance, Public -- New York (State) -- New York.
Finance, Public -- Ohio -- Cleveland.
Default (Finance) -- New York (State) -- New York.
Default (Finance) -- Ohio -- Cleveland.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC.
- Using animation, along with archival and on-site photography, shows how New York City and Cleveland grappled with their financial woes. While New York City sought solvency through financial arrangements with its banks, Cleveland refused to have its largest bank buy it out of default. Points out that cities, not financial institutions, should have control of their governments.
- Narrator, Celeste Wesson.
- Cinematography, Kevin Keating, Robert Aches ; editors, Mary Lampson ... [et al.] ; music, Nick Scarim.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1980.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Miller, Jonathan, 1934- , Producer, Director
Gaffney, James (James Anthony), 1929- , Producer, Director
Lucas, Martin, director. , Producer, Director
Wesson, Celeste. , Narrator
Scarim, Nicholas. , Composer
City Crisis Film Group. , Producer
Icarus Films. , Distributor
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Web link:
- The Rosengarten Family Fund Home Page