Markets and growth in early modern Europe / by Victoria N. Bateman.
- London : Pickering & Chatto, 2012.
- Perspectives in economic and social history; no. 12.
Perspectives in economic and social history
xiii, 252 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Europe -- Economic conditions.
Europe -- Economic conditions -- 16th century.
Europe -- Economic conditions -- 17th century.
Europe -- Economic conditions -- 18th century.
Capitalism -- Europe -- History -- 16th century.
Capitalism -- Europe -- History -- 17th century.
Capitalism -- Europe -- History -- 18th century.
- This is the first study to analyze a wide spread of price data to determine whether market development led to economic growth in the early modern period. Bateman compares agricultural data with less abundant information on cloth, candles and olive oil from numerous European cities. Using a range of economic measures applied to a larger set of goods, she shows that market development occurred earlier than was previously believed.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|