Hot coffee [videorecording] / HBO Documentary Films ; If Not Now and The Group Entertainment present a film by Susan Saladoff ; directed by Susan Saladoff ; produced by Carly Hugo, Alan Oxman, Susan Saladoff.
- Other Title:
- Title on container and disc label: Hot coffee : is justice being served? [videorecording]
- Fullscreen ed.
- [United States] : Docurama Films : New Video, c2011.
1 videodisc (86 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Torts -- United States.
Liability (Law) -- United States.
Arbitration and award -- United States.
Damages -- United States.
Frivolous suits (Civil procedure)
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English audio.
- System Details:
- DVD; Region 1; Dolby digital stereo.
- Analyzes and discusses so called "frivolous law suits" and the impact of tort reform on the United States judicial system. Discusses several cases and relates each to tort reform in the U.S.: Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants (public relations campaign to instigate tort reform); Colin Gourley's malpractice lawsuit and caps on damages; the prosecution of Mississippi Justice Oliver Diaz and judicial elections; Jamie Leigh Jones v. Halliburton Co. and mandatory arbitration. Exposes how corporations spent millions on a propaganda campaign to distort Americans' view of lawsuits, forever changing the civil justice system. From the infamous case of the woman who sued McDonalds over spilled coffee to the saga of the Mississippi Supreme Court Justice deemed 'not corporate enough' by business interests, this program tears apart the conventional wisdom about 'frivolous lawsuits.'
- Al Franken, John Grisham.
- Director of photography, Martina Radwan ; editor, Cindy Lee ; music, Michael R. Mollura, Joel Goodman.
- Includes: deleted scenes, interview with the director, "Take Action: What you can do, teaser, and trailer.
Offical Selection of Sundance, Silverdocs documentary, and Hot Docs film festivals; Grand Jury prize, Seattle film festival.
- Saladoff, Susan. , Producer, Director
Hugo, Carly, 1984- , Producer
Oxman, Alan. , Producer
Franken, Al. , Interviewee
Grisham, John. , Interviewee
HBO Documentary Films. , Producer
If Not Now Productions. , Producer
Group Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
Docurama (Firm) , Producer
New Video Group. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
253331 Docurama Films
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|