The Spanish fryar, or, The double discovery. Acted at the Theatre Royal. Written by John Dryden, servant to His Majesty.
- Other Title:
- Double discovery
- The second edition. Licensed to reprinted, March 30. 1686. Ro. L'Estrange
- London : Printed for Richard Tonson and Jacob Tonson, within Gray's-Inn-Gate, next Gray's-Inn-Lane, and at the Judge's-Head, in Chancery-Lane, 1686.
, 78,  p. ; 23 cm. (4to.)
- thfa m.s. str. InDi (3) 1686 (A)
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- With a final epilogue leaf.
"The Press Act had been re-enacted in 1685 and a license was again required." Some lines from the first edition were omitted.--Cf. Macdonald.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has  leaf written in ms. inserted listing the omissions made in the text of this work. Lines are inserted in the Prologue and corrections made in the text.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996), D2369
MacDonald, H. John Dryden, 86b
Woodward & McManaway, 462
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|