The candidate [videorecording] / Warner Brothers ; a Redford-Ritchie production ; produced by Walter Coblenz ; written by Jeremy Larner ; directed by Michael Ritchie.
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 
1 videodisc (110 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Political campaigns -- United States -- Drama.
Legislators -- United States -- Drama.
Political ethics -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- In English with optional subtitles in English, French, Spanish.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC; region 1.
- While Richard Nixon is on his way to re-election by a landslide, a young, honest, idealistic lawyer begins to learn the truth about running for office, as a California Democrat who campaigns for the United States Senate.
- Robert Redford, Peter Boyle, Melvyn Douglas, Don Porter, Allen Garfield.
- Cinematographer, Victor J. Kemper ; music, John Rubinstein ; editors, Richard A. Harris, Robert Estrin.
- Program notes on container.
Originally released as 1972 movie.
Academy Awards, 1972: Best Original Screenplay.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Dhiren H. Shah W'82 and Katherine M. Shah Fund.
- Ritchie, Michael, 1938-2001. , Director, Producer
Coblenz, Walter. , Producer
Redford, Robert. , Actor, Producer
Larner, Jeremy. , Screenwriter
Boyle, Peter, 1935-2006 , Actor
Douglas, Melvyn. , Actor
Rubinstein, John, 1946- , Composer
Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- ). , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
Dhiren H. Shah W'82 and Katherine M. Shah Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- 14577 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|