The wedding camels [videorecording] : a Turkana marriage / produced and directed by David and Judith MacDougall.
- Other Title:
- Turkana marriage [videorecording]
- [Berkeley, CA] : Berkeley Media LLC, 
- Turkana conversations ; 2.
Turkana conversations ; 2
1 videodisc (108 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Ethnology -- Kenya.
Turkana (African people) -- Marriage customs and rites.
Turkana (African people) -- Social life and customs.
Marriage customs and rites -- Kenya.
Turkana (Kenya) -- Social life and customs.
- In Turkana with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- An account of a marriage among the Turkana, an isolated pastoral tribe of the dry thorn-country of northwestern Kenya. Shows the tensions that arise during bridewealth negotiations between the two families, and how these strain the old friendship between the bride's father and his future son-in-law.
- Camera, David MacDougall ; sound, Judith MacDougall ; field assistants, Joseph Aripon, Breda Lokichama.
- Filmed in the Turkana district, northwestern Kenya, 1973-74.
Originally released in 1976.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- MacDougall, David. , Director, Producer
MacDougall, Judith. , Director, Producer
Berkeley Media. , Distributor
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund. , Producer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|