Agnisthāpanavidhi, 1860. = अग्निस्थापनविधि, १८६०.
1 item (16 leaves) : paper ; 12 x 27 cm.
- Rites and ceremonies -- India.
Sacrifice -- Hinduism.
Fire -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism.
- Manuals (instructional materials).
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is a kind of manual or handbook to be used by a priest, outlining the rules and religious laws governing the construction and installation of fire to be used in various Hindu and Vedic rites, such as wrist binding, the veneration of deities, and other ceremonies. There is a minor text of five lines written by a second hand at the end of the manuscript called Yajñāntagodāna. The word "Gopaldit" is written in large letters in Roman script on the back of the manuscript. Manuscript is incomplete, missing the first folio.
- Title from colophon (f. 17r).
Written in 11-13 lines per leaf.
16 leaves foliated 2-17, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: ity agnisthāpanavidhiḥ samāptaṃ śubham lekhakapāṭhakayoḥ śrīśāke 1782 samvat 1918 vaiśākhakṛṣṇa 11 ravivāsare kāśyāṃ dvijavaraviṣṇudattalohan upādhyāyena likhitam idam pustakam // (f. 17v).
Dated saṃvat 1912 and śaka 1782 (Wednesday, 16 May 1860 A.D.) (f. 17v).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Scribe is Viṣnudatta Dvijavara Lohan from Vārāṇasī (f. 17v).
Non-Latin script record.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H. I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 3045 and 3128 (UP 182).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 182
- Lohan, Viṣnudatta Dvijavara, scribe.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 182
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|