Zwelidumile [videorecording] / Natives at Large presents ; Natives Foundation ; a co-production, Africalia, Natives at Large ; directed by Ramadan Suleman ; written and produced by Bhekiziwe Peterson, Ramadan Suleman.
- [Widescreen presentation].
- South Africa : Natives At Large, c2010.
2 videodiscs (112 min.) : sd., col. with b&w seq. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (28 p. ; 18 cm.).
- Feni, Dumile, 1942-1991.
Artists, Black -- South Africa -- Biography.
- Documentary films.
- In Englisha and Xhosa; optional subtitles in English, French and Dutch.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, PAL; stereo.
- "In 1968, South African visual artist Dumile Feni [Zwelidumile Geelbooi Mgxaji Mslaba Feni] went into exile, leaving behind his pregnant wife. Days before his planned homecoming in 1991, Feni died suddenly and tragically. Alongside his daughter, Marriam Diale, this documentary attempts to reclaim a man who was lost to his country, by inviting those who knew him to paint a portrait of the man and his life on three continents."--Container.
- DVD 1. Zwelidumele
DVD 2. [Special features].
- Camera, Donne Rundle ... [et al.]; editor, Vuyani Sondlo, music, Abdullah Ibrahim ... [et al.].
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2010.
Special features: interviews; "Please don't kill me I am just a poor musician" (a film by Dumile Feni); gallery [of Dumile Feni's art]; stills gallery.
Booklet contains a biography of Zwelidumile written by Anitra Nettleton.
Aspect ratio 16:9.
- Suleman, Ramadan. , Screenwriter, Producer
Peterson, Bhekizizwe. , Screenwriter, Producer
Ibrahim, Abdullah, 1934- , Composer, Performer
Nettleton, Anitra C. E. , Associated name
Feni, Dumile, 1942-1991. , Interviewee
Natives at Large (Firm) , Producer, Distributor
Africalia (Organization) , Producer
Natives Foundation. , Producer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|