The Beiderbecke affair [videorecording] / Granada International ; Yorkshire Television ; a Yorkshire production ; produced by Anne W. Gibbons ; written by Alan Plater ; directed by David Reynolds and Frank W. Smith.
- Silver Spring, MD : Distributed by Acorn Media, c2009.
2 videodiscs (ca. 300 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Swindlers and swindling -- England -- Yorkshire -- Drama.
Black market -- England -- Yorkshire -- Drama.
Corruption investigation -- England -- Yorkshire -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- England -- Yorkshire -- Drama.
- Detective and mystery television programs.
Action and adventure television programs.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC; Region 1; Dolby Digital.
- It never occurs to Trevor that dishy blondes don't usually sell jazz records door-to-door. He orders a set of Bix Beiderbecke LPs but receives the wrong items. While trying to locate the missing music, he and his girlfriend, Jill, stumble upon black market goods in a church basement, secret meetings in a parking lot. They find corruption at the highest levels. Helping them out are a couple of friends, an overzealous police officer, an elderly snoop, and a town planner with a drawer full of incriminating files.
- Volume 1. Episode 1: What I don't understand is this
; Episode 2: Can anybody join in? ; Episode 3: We call it the white economy
Volume 2. Episode 4: Um
I know what you're thinking ; Episode 5: That was a very funny evening
Episode 6: We are on the brink of a new era.
- James Bolam, Barbara Flynn, Colin Blakely.
- Originally broadcast on BBC television in 1984.
Contains 6 episodes.
- Smith, Frank W. , Director
Reynolds, David. , Director
Gibbons, Anne W. , Producer
Plater, Alan. , Screenwriter
Bolam, James, 1938- , Actor
Flynn, Barbara, 1948- , Actor
Blakely, Colin. , Actor
Granada International (Firm) , Producer
Yorkshire Television. , Producer
Acorn Media (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
AMP-8161 Acorn Media
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|