The New-England Primer Improved For the more easy attaining the true reading of English. To Which Is Added The Assembly of Divines, and Mr. Cotton's Catechism. Boston, Printed by Edward Draper, at his Printing-office, in Newbury-Street, and Sold by John Boyle in Marlborough-Street, 1777.
- [Hartford, I. Webster, 1843 [(i.e., 1850?)]
 p. incl. front. (port.) illus. 12 cm.
- ."se t.s. N.od GOIT (C) 1850? (Q)
- Readers (Primary)
- Place of Publication:
- United States Connecticut Hartford.
- For variations between different editions of reprints of the 1777 edition of the Primer cf. George Parker Winship's "Notes on a reprint of The New England primer improved, for the year 1777", Cambridge  in which are described 13 editions or issues.
This copy has the pecularities of arrangement, dates, etc., ascribed by Winship to the 11th edition, third revision. Pages - (preceding t.p.) include advertisements dated 1844, 1849, 1850.
First page shows facsimile of advertisement for "An almanack ... by Henry Newman, Philomath ... listing first edition of The New-England primer."
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy bound in scale boards (horizontal grain)
- Penn Provenance:
- Norris, Charles (donor) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cotton, John, 1584-1652.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Westminster Assembly (1643-1652). Shorter catechism.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|