The extraordinary life of Charles Dickens : an exhibition at the Grolier Club of New York / curated by Ralph J. Crawford, Jr. and Bruce J. Crawford.
- New York : The Grolier Club, 2006. , ©2006
110 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870.
Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870 -- Exhibitions.
- Local subjects:
- Patterson, John M., d. 1925,
- Private press books (Printing)
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Miller.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Exhibition and catalog comprises autograph letters, portraits, part-covers and illustrations collected by John M. Patterson, president of the Philadelphia branch of the Dickens Fellowship and a member of the Grolier Club from 1921-1925. Patterson hoped to use the material to extra-illustrate The first editions of the writings of Charles Dickens and their values (1913), a bibliography by his friend John C. Eckel. After his untimely death in 1925, the collection remained in Sessler's Bookshop in Philadelphia until it was acquired by Ralph J. Crawford in 1963.
- John Patterson and the Dickens Archive
Patterson and his friendships with fellow Dickensians
Development of the Patterson Archive
Interpreting the archive for the exhibition
John M. Patterson: a short retrospective
Three generations of collecting
Appendix: The mystery of the Patrician's Daughter.
- Catalogue of an exhibition held at the Grolier Club, 26 January-10 March 2006--Title page verso.
"Copyright 2006 The Grolier Club of New York"--verso of title page.
"525 copies printed. Typeset in Miller fonts. Typography by Jerry Kelly"--Colophon
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Vilain-Wieck Collection of Private Presses copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018.
- Penn Provenance:
- Vilain, Jean-François, 1942- (donor)
Vilain, Jean-François, 1942- (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
Wieck, Roger S. (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Patterson, John M. (John Morrison), 1874- collector.
Crawford, Ralph J., curator.
Crawford, Bruce J., curator.
Kelly, Jerry, 1955- typographer.
Grolier Club, publisher, host institution.
Jean-François Vilain and Roger S. Wieck Collection of Private Presses, Ephemera, & Related References (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|