The seaman's manual : containing a variety of matters useful to the navigator : among which are directions for keeping accounts--Rules for ascertaining the tonnage, for proportioning the spars, making the sails of vessels and cutting a gang of rigging--Method of obtaining the latitude, illustrated by diagram--Rules for odjusting [sic] the sextant, illustrated by diagram--Rule for ascertaining the latitude by the North Star for any year, illustrated by diagrams--Right and oblique angled trigonometry--Tables of cordage, together with an analysis of the law of ships and shipping, and of the law of marine insurance, &c. &c. &c. / By Francis G. Clarke, teacher of the Nautical Academy, Portland, Maine.
- Portland [Me.] : Shirley, Hyde & Co. Publishers., 1830.
vii, , 10-367,  p.,  folded leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Nautical Academy (Portland, Me.)
Shipping -- Accounting.
Masts and rigging.
Money -- Tables.
Nautical training-schools -- Maine.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Maine Portland.
- Includes an advertisement for the Nautical Academy, p. [i], 1st count.
Copyright Nov. 28, 1830 by Shirley, Hyde & Co.
Last page blank.
- Local notes:
- Kaplan Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2012 by Arnold and Deanne Kaplan.
- Penn Provenance:
- Kaplan, Arnold (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
Kaplan, Deanne (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Checklist Amer. imprints 908
- Webster, E.
Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|