Le thé au harem d'Archimède [videorecording] / K.G. Production ; Costa-Gavras présente ; un film écrit et réalisé par Mehdi Charef ; produit et distribué par Michèle Ray-Gavras.
- Other Title:
- Subtitled English version released under title: Tea in the harem [videorecording]
- [Widescreen presentation].
- [Paris, France] : KG édition ; [France] : Wagram Music, c1985.
1 videodisc (107 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 folded leaf (col. ; 48 x 36 cm., fold. to 18 x 12 cm.).
- Charef, Mehdi, 1952- -- Film adaptations.
Young men -- France -- Paris -- Drama.
Paris (France) -- Social conditions -- 20th century -- Drama.
Juvenile delinquency -- France -- Paris -- Drama.
- Coming-of-age films.
Motion pictures, French.
- In French with some Arabic; optional subtitles in English, German, Greek, Italian and Spanish,
- System Details:
- DVD, PAL, all regions [i.e. Regions 2-9]; monaural.
- "[T]wo teenagers without jobs ... have nothing better to do than petty thieving, or even pickpocketing in the transit system. Madjid, of Algerian background, lives with his parents and siblings in one of the apartments. It is hard for him to get a job because he is obviously not French, something his mother refuses to do because even if they are in France, she feels nothing for her adoptive country and has no intention of giving up her nationality. Madjid, being thus limited, must learn fast the way of the streets. His pal, Patrick, although French, feels no need to go into any job that will pay him minimum wage. He knows he can do better stealing whatever he can to satisfy his basic needs. We watch him and Madjid get into all kinds of trouble. Obviously, they have not discovered the profit in drugs yet, so their world revolves around the housing complex where they have become a pest most people would like to get rid of."--jotix100, on IMDb website.
- Kader Boukhanef, Rémi Martin, Laurel Duthilleul, Sad̈a Bekkouche.
- Cinematography, Dominique Chapuis; editor, Kenout Peltier; music, Karim Kacel.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1985.
Based on the novel Le thé au harem d'Archimède / par Mehdi Charef.
Accompanying folded leaf contains original theatrical poster on one side, production credits and menu of special features on the reverse side.
Special features: original theatrical trailer; filmographies; stills gallery; making-of featurettes.
Aspect ratio 1.66:1.
- Charef, Mehdi, 1952- , Adapter, Screenwriter, Author, Director
Ray-Gavras, Michèle. , Producer
Boukhanef, Kader, 1965- , Actor
Martin, Rémi. , Actor
Duthilleul, Laurel. , Actor
Kacel, Karim. , Composer
K.G. Productions (Firm) , Producer, Distributor
Wagram Music. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
WAG 400 Wagram Music
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|