The French Revolution debate and the British novel, 1790-1814 : the struggle for history's authority / Morgan Rooney.
- Lewisburg [Pa.] : Bucknell University Press ; Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield, c2013.
- Transits (Bucknell University)
Transits: literature, thought & culture, 1650-1850
viii, 223 p. ; 24 cm.
- English fiction -- French influences.
France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799 -- Literature and the revolution.
English fiction -- 18th century -- History and criticism.
English fiction -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
Literature and history.
- 1688 in the 1790s: strategies for interpreting the glorious revolution
The presence of the past: the discourses of history
Order under siege: the discourses of history in the anti-Jacobin novel
The crumbling (e)state: the problem of history in the novel of reform
Representing history in a post-revolutionary age: varieties of early historical fiction.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781611484762 (cloth : alk. paper)
1611484766 (cloth : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|