The social neuroscience of education : optimizing attachment and learning in the classroom / Louis Cozolino.
- New York : Norton, c2013.
- Norton books in education
xxvii, 409 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Learning, Psychology of -- Social aspects.
Learning -- Physiological aspects.
Neurosciences -- Social aspects.
- Why the brain became a social organ
How brains learn throughout life
How relationships build and rebuild brains
Of human bonding
The connection between stress and learning
How insecure attachment creates unteachable students
How bullying impedes learning
Why teachers burn out
How emotional attunement stimulates learning
Why exploration is so important
How play became nature's pedagogy
Why stories are essential for learning
Information, compassion, and wisdom
Teaching students about the brain
Building tribal classrooms
Teachers within classrooms within communities.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780393706093 (hardcover)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|