National anti-slavery standard [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Anti-slavery standard
Institution of slavery
Slavery and anti-slavery: a transnational archive. Part 3: The institution of slavery.
- New York [N.Y.] : American Anti-Slavery Society, 1840-1870.
- Slavery and anti-slavery: a transnational archive. Part 3: The institution of slavery
1 online resource (30 v.).
Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 11, 1840)-v. 30, no. 50 (Apr. 16, 1870).
- Continued By:
- National standard (New York, N.Y. : 1870)
- Antislavery movements -- United States -- Newspapers.
African Americans -- New York (State) -- New York -- Newspapers.
New York (N.Y.) -- Newspapers.
New York County (N.Y.) -- Newspapers.
Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Newspapers.
Philadelphia County (Pa.) -- Newspapers.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York New York New York.
United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia Philadelphia.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Published concurrently in New York and in Philadelphia (at the office of the Pennsylvania Anti-Slavery Society), July 22, 1855-Nov. 30, 1865.
Editors: N.P. Rogers, 1840-1841; Lydia M. Child, 1841-1843; D.L. Child, 1843-1844; S.H. Gay, 1844-1854; Oliver Johnson, 1863-1865; A.M. Powell, 1866-1870.
"Without concealment--Without compromise."
Reproduction of the original from the The Anti-Slavery Collection from Oberlin College.
Issues for June 9, 1842-1870 called also whole no. 105-1,558.
- Local notes:
- Images from the source libraries are selected or scattered issues as well as various editions of the cataloged title and related titles (where indicated in the MARC record) as representative of the general publishing history of the title during the nineteenth century.
- Rogers, Nathaniel Peabody, 1794-1846.
Child, Lydia Maria, 1802-1880.
Child, David Lee, 1794-1874.
Gay, Sydney Howard, 1814-1888.
Johnson, Oliver, 1809-1889.
Powell, Aaron M. (Aaron Macy), 1832-1899.
American Anti-Slavery Society.
Pennsylvania Anti-Slavery Society.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|