The white slaves of monopolies, or, John Fitz Patrick, the miner, soldier and workingman's friend : a history of his struggles with mine owners, corporations, railroad and pipe line monopolies, corrupt legislators and lobbyists : his sufferings from bad ventilation, noxious and inflammable gases, store orders, black listing combinations, and conspiracies of mining companies : his services as a soldier, and his speeches upon bad ventilation, free pipe lines, Hungarians and Italians : a remedy for the Italian and Hungarian contract system / with illustrations.
- Other Title:
- John Fitz Patrick, the miner, soldier, and workingman's friend
- Harrisburg, Pa. : Lane S. Hart, printer and binder, c1884.
371 p.  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Coal miners -- Pennsylvania.
Labor movement -- United States.
Employee rights -- United States.
Coal mines and mining -- Safety measures.
Foreign workers -- United States.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Harrisburg.
- Copyright date from t.p. verso.
- Local notes:
- Kaplan Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2012 by Arnold and Deanne Kaplan.
- Penn Provenance:
- Kaplan, Arnold (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
Kaplan, Deanne (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|