A layman's apology, for the appointment of clerical chaplains by the legislature of the state of New York : in a series of letters, addressed to Thomas Herttell, member of Assembly for the City of New-York, 1833 / originally published in the Washington County Post, Salem, under the signature of Sherlock ; to which are added notes and illustrations by the author.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Sherlock's letters
- Albany : Printed by Hoffman & White, 1834, c1833.
314 p. ; 19 cm.
- Church and state -- New York (State)
New York (State). Legislature -- Chaplains.
Herttell, Thomas, 1771-1849.
Constitutional law -- New York (State) -- Cases.
- Advertisements -- New York (State) -- Albany -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) Albany.
- 10 p. of 'recommendations' at front.
- Local notes:
- Kaplan Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2012 by Arnold and Deanne Kaplan.
- Penn Provenance:
- Kaplan, Arnold (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
Kaplan, Deanne (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Checklist Amer. imprints, 26884
- Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|