A collection of the speeches of the President of the United States to both houses of Congress : at the opening of every session, with their answers : also, the addresses to the President, with his answers, from the time of his election : with an appendix, containing the Circular letter of General Washington to the governors of the several states, and his Farewell orders, to the armies of America, and the answer : dedicated to the citizens of the United States of America : Published according to act of Congress.
- Standardized Title:
- Speeches. Selections
- Printed at Boston : By Manning and Loring, for Solomon Cotton, Jun. bookseller and stationer, sold by him at his bookstore, no. 51, Marlborough-Street, July 1796.
xii, , 14-282,  p. ; 19 cm. (12mo)
- 6.R. 9896 n.d. emed (7) 1796 (A)
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1789-1797 -- Early works to 1800.
United States. Congress
Washington, George, 1732-1799.
Presidents -- United States -- Messages -- Early works to 1800.
- Subscribers lists -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- 18th century.
Advertisements -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Signatures: A-U⁶ W⁶ X-Y⁶ Z⁴ (Z4 verso blank).
Bookseller's advertisement on p. .
On p. [vi]-viii: "List of subscribers' names that were received in season for inclusion."
- Local notes:
- Kaplan Collection copies 1 & 2 presented to the Penn Libraries in 2012 by Arnold and Deanne Kaplan.
- Penn Provenance:
- Kaplan, Arnold (donor) (Kaplan Collection copies 1 & 2)
Kaplan, Deanne (donor) (Kaplan Collection copies 1 & 2)
Herritage, William Martin (autograph, 1798) (Kaplan Collection copy 1)
Bates, David (autograph) (Kaplan Collection copy 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Evans 31402
Singerman, R. Judaica Americana, 0102
- United States. President (1789-1797 : Washington).
Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|