An alphabetical compendium of the various sects which have appeared in the world from the beginning of the Christian aera to the present day. : With an appendix, containing a brief account of the different schemes of religion now embraced among mankind. : The whole collected from the best authors, ancient and modern. / By Hannah Adams. ; [One line from Paul].
- Other records:
- Boston: : Printed by B. Edes & Sons, no. 42 Cornhill, M,DCC,LXXXIV. 
, ii, , 204, lxxxiii,  p. ; 22 cm. (8vo)
- e.e- e-he y.i- anfe (3) 1784 (R)
- Religion -- Dictionaries.
- Subscribers' lists.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Signatures: [A]⁴ B-U⁴ W⁴ X-2O⁴ [2P]⁴ [2Q]².
Preface signed: Thomas Prentiss, Medfield, September 2d, 1784.
Errata statement on verso of p. lxxxiii.
With final index and chronological table.
List of subscribers, p. [12-23] at end.
Second and third editions (Boston, 1791 and 1801, respectively) published with title: View of religions; fourth edition (Boston, 1817) has title: a dictionary of all religions. cf. Sabin.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has ms. inscription on front free endpaper which reads "Sam B Jerrand To Lottie & Mary Dunsford 1875".
- Penn Provenance:
- Jerrand, Sam B. (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Sabin, 208
Hebrew Union College. Jewish Americana, 6
- Prentiss, Thomas, 1747-1814.
Benjamin Edes and Sons, printer.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|