How to work a room : your essential guide to savvy socializing / Susan RoAne.
- Rev. ed., 1st Collins ed.
- New York : Collins, c2007.
xxxv, 298 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Business etiquette.
- How to Work a Room provides the tools and techniques for savvy socializing in all situations, whether at a meeting, a party, a conference, or even online. Susan RoAne provides practical remedies for the roadblocks that prevent us from meeting new people, developing new contacts, and establishing connections that build personal and professional relationships.--[book cover]
- The five roadblocks: Mother's dire warnings
The remedies: removing the roadblocks
Benefits: the bonuses of being there
The dynamic duo: charm and chutzpah
How to work the "virtual" room
Mr. (or Ms.) Sleaze works a room: or how not to do it
Don't shy away from this chapter
Eight steps to perfectly plan your presence
Seven strategies: from jump-start to smooth stop
Working the words: seven keys to lively conversation
How to work an audience
Working the rules of etiquette: good manners equal good business
Working the cocktail party with pleasure, purpose, and panache
Working the reunion: reeling in reality
Working the trade show or convention: the trade-offs
How to work the "techno-toy" room
How to work the diverse room
Working the world: trains and boats and planes.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -286) and index.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|