Beyond barbed wire [videorecording] : untold stories of American courage / Kit Parker Films ; a film by Steve Rosen and Terri DeBono ; National Asian American Telecommunications Association.
- Other Title:
- Untold stories of American courage [videorecording]
- [Oklahoma] : VCI Home Video, c2001.
1 videodisc (88 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- United States. Army. Infantry Battalion, 100th -- History.
United States. Army. Regimental Combat Team, 442nd -- History.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Japanese Americans -- Personal narratives.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Hawaii.
Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945.
- Feature films.
- System Details:
- DVD; Region free; Dolby Digital mono.
- Beyond barbed wire recounts the personal sacrifices and stories of heroism displayed by the Japanese American soldiers of the 100th Infantry Battalion and the 442nd Regimental Combat Team and Military Intelligence Service who fought for the United States during World War II while their families were held in internment camps.
The feature film, Go for broke! is set during World War II which depicts Lt. Michael Grayson, a bigoted Texan, who is assigned to train and lead the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, which is composed mostly of Japanese-Americans.
Japanese relocation illustrates the process of relocating Japanese Americans to internment camps, life in the camps, and the reasoning behind the internments.
The documentary, Go for broke! illustrates the training of Japanese American soldiers in the U.S. Army during World War II.
- Beyond barbed wire
Challenge to democracy
Go for broke.
- Narrated by Noriyuki Morita.
- Editor, Steve Rosen.
- Beyond barbed wire was originally produced in 1997.
Includes: Go for broke! / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer ; produced by Dore Schary ; written and directed by Robert Pirosh ; starring Van Johnson (91 min., 1951).
Includes: Japanese relocation / distributed and exhibited under the auspices of the War Activities Committee of the Motion Picture Industry ; [presented by] the United States Government ; produced by the Office of War Information, Bureau of Motion Pictures (10 min., 1942).
Includes: Challenge to democracy / produced by the War Relocation Authority with the cooperation of the War Department of the Office of Strategic Services (21 min.).
- Pirosh, Robert. , Screenwriter, Director
Rosen, Steve. , Director, Screenwriter, Editor
DeBono, Terri. , Producer
Schary, Dore. , Producer
Johnson, Van, 1916-2008 , Actor
Morita, Pat, 1932-2005. , Narrator
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Kit Parker Films. , Producer
National Asian American Telecommunications Association. , Producer
War Activities Committee--Motion Picture Industry. , Producer
United States. Office of War Information. Domestic Branch. Bureau of Motion Pictures. , Producer
United States. Office of Strategic Services. , Producer
VCI Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
- Go for broke! [videorecording]
Japanese relocation [videorecording]
Challenge to democracy [videorecording]
- Publisher Number:
8272 VCI Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|