Home building : a reliable book of facts, relative to building, living, materials, costs, at about 400 places from New York to San Francisco : containing 42 plates and 45 original designs of buildings, with short descriptive specifications : also with extended and elaborated specifications of materials and labor, merchandise and where it may be procured : tables of costs of materials at about 400 places from the Atlantic to the Pacific : Descriptions and statistics for 1876, of over 250 cities, towns and hamlets : how to reach them, their hotels, populations, healthfulness, industries, institutions, churches, newspapers, lots, farms near and values, advantages and prospects : places of resort for health noted : many illustrations and practical useful suggestions / by E.C. Hussey.
- New York : Leader & Van Hoesen, c1876 [i.e., 1875] (N[ew] Y[ork] : Crum & Ringler)
viii p., 42 leaves, 197-416 p., 42 leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 27 cm.
- Architecture, Domestic -- United States.
Architecture, Victorian -- United States.
United States -- Description and travel.
- Advertisements -- New York (State) -- New York -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- "Leader & Van Hoesen, printers ... Crum & Ringler, electrotypers"--T.p. verso.
Advertisements relating to home building: p. 392-416.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Perkins Architectural Rare Book Fund.
"Copyright should be dated 1875 instead of 1876"--Errata slip mounted on t.p. verso.
- Penn Provenance:
- Holdrum, A.C. (stamp)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Hitchcock, H.R. Amer. architectural books 619
- Perkins Architectural Rare Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|