Śāntisāra, circa 1650-1800. = शान्तिसार, १६५०-१८००.
- Other Title:
- circa 1650-1800.
1 item (36 leaves) : paper ; 11 x 25 cm.
Purity, Ritual -- Hinduism.
Diseases -- Religious aspects.
Omens -- Religious aspects.
- Manuals (instructional materials)
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 17th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 17th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is a kind of manual of or treatise on proprietary sacrifices and contains the rules and regulations (Hindu laws, Dharma) governing rites to be performed by a priest or senior household member. Helps to rid the home of sickness and bad omens through the propitiation of various Hindu deities.
- Title from marginal note (f. 2r); alternate title Śāntidyota from title page (f. 1r).
Written in 8-11 lines per leaf.
36 leaves foliated 1-13, 15-37, upper left and lower right verso.
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Non-Latin script record.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H. I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 3237 (UP 262).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 262
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 262
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|