[Ḥall al-Mūjiz] [manuscript].
- A.H. 884 (1480)
246 leaves : paper, ill. ; mm. bound to mm. + 2 notes.
- Ibn al-Nafīs, ʻAlī ibn Abī al-Ḥazm, 1210 or 11-1288. Mūjiz.
Avicenna, 980-1037. Qānūn fī al-ṭibb.
Medicine -- Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Arabic -- 15th century.
- Commentary on the epitome (Mūjiz) by Ibn al-Nafīs of Avicenna's Canon on medicine (Qānūn fī al-ṭibb). Notes laid in after f. 142, 222
- Ms. codex.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Foliation: Paper, 246 + i (18th-century?) ; [i-v, 1], 2-240, ; contemporary foliation in ink with eastern Arabic numerals, upper left recto. Catchwords on each leaf, lower left verso.
Layout: Written in 21 long lines with marginal notes (except on replacement leaves, f. 63-64, 125-130, 157-162, 173-178).
Script: Written in naskh script by Kamāl al-Dīn Maḥmūd al-Astarābādī.
Decoration: Diagram of the human eye and its communication with the brain (f. 133v); significant words and phrases and overlining in red.
Binding: Contemporary (late 15th-century) pasteboards, remnant of 17th-century cloth spine, covers detached.
Origin: Dated 22 Shawwāl A.H. 884 (6 January 1480), with replacement leaves added in the 18th century.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by ʻAbd al-Fattāḥ al-Qāṭin, Tabriz, Persia.
Formerly owned by Ismāʻīl ibn al-Ḥājj ʻĪsá Jurayj al-Muhannā, Rabi II A.H. 1195 (March-April 1781, inscription on front pastedown).
Formerly owned by al-Ḥājj ʻAbd al-Qādir ibn al-Sayyid ʻAbd Allāh Efendi al-Asṭawānī.
Formerly owned by ʻAbd Allāh Efendi al-Asṭawānī, A.H. 1239 (1823 or 1824).
Sold at auction at Bonhams & Butterfields, 14 Nov. 2002, lot 3001, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Cited in:
- Described in Transformation of knowledge: early manuscripts from the collection of Lawrence J. Schoenberg (London: Paul Holberton, 2006), p. 82-83 (LJS 444).
- Cited as:
- LJS 444
- Astarābādī, Kamāl al-Dīn Maḥmūd, scribe.
ʻAbd al-Fattāḥ al-Qāṭin, former owner.
Ismāʻīl ibn al-Ḥājj ʻĪsá Jurayj al-Muhannā, former owner.
al-Ḥājj ʻAbd al-Qādir ibn al-Sayyid ʻAbd Allāh Efendi al-Asṭawānī, former owner.
ʻAbd Allāh Efendi al-Asṭawānī, former owner.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|