Practical infidelity portrayed and the judgements of God made manifest : An address, submitted to the consideration of Robert D. Owen, Kneeland, Houston, and others of the infidel party, in the city of New York / by Abner Cunningham ; [One line of quotation from p. 20-21].
- Other Title:
- Cunningham's infidelity portrayed
- Third edition / revised and published for the author.
- New-York : Published by Daniel Cooledge, Bookseller, 322 Pearl Street : James Loring, Boston : Nathan Kite, Philadelphia, 1836.
144 p.,  leaf of plates : ill., 1 port. ; 16 cm.
- Owen, Robert Dale, 1801-1877.
Kneeland, Abner, 1774-1844.
Houston, George, -1840.
Christianity and atheism.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- "The foregoing may be considered among my dying acts; and my humble desire is, that they may be the cause of breaking down the delusive hopes of those who, in unguarded moments, have yielded to the folly and delusion of darkness, bigotry, and superstition; that the Christian religion, in its purity, may have free course and be glorified; and that a fallen world may be brought under its peaceful and benign influence."--p. 64.
Cover title: Cunningham's Infidelity portrayed.
Engraved frontispiece portrait of Abner Cunningham signed: E. Withers; T.S. Woodcock Sc.
Copyright 1836 by Abner Cunningham.
- Local notes:
- Kaplan Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2012 by Arnold and Deanne Kaplan.
Kaplan Collection copy collectify accession no. 2006.12.26.00777
- Penn Provenance:
- Kaplan, Arnold (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
Kaplan, Deanne (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
Walsh, Joseph Edward (stamp) (Kaplan Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Checklist Amer. imprints 36979
- Cooledge, Daniel, 1785-1847, publisher.
Loring, James, 1770-1850, publisher.
Kite, Nathan, publisher.
Withers, Ebenezer, ill.
Woodcock, Thomas Swann, 1805-1863, engraver.
Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|