A new picture of Philadelphia, or, The stranger's guide to the city and adjoining disricts : in which are described the public buildings : literary, scientific, commercial and benevolent institutions, places of amusement, places of worship, principal cemeteries, and every other object worthy of attention : with a plan of the city and map of its environs / by H.S. Tanner.
- Other Title:
- New picture of Philadelphia
Stranger's guide to the city and adjoining disricts
Tanner's picture of Philadelphia and its environs, 1840
- Philadelphia [Pa.] : H. Tanner, Jun'r ; New York : T.R. Tanner, 1840.
156 p.,  folded leaves of plates : 2 maps (1 col.) ; 16 cm.
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Description and travel.
Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Guidebooks.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia, 1840 [map] / published by H.S. Tanner
Map of Philadelphia and adjacent country, 1840 / published by H.S. Tanner.
- Includes index.
- Local notes:
- Kaplan Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2012 by Arnold and Deanne Kaplan.
Kaplan Collection copy imperfect: maps wanting.
- Penn Provenance:
- Kaplan, Arnold (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
Kaplan, Deanne (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)
- Tanner, Henry Schenck, 1786-1858. Philadelphia, 1840.
Tanner, Henry Schenck, 1786-1858. Map of Philadelphia and adjacent country, 1840.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|