Uncharted strait : the future of China-Taiwan relations / Richard C. Bush.
- Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, 
x, 319 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Taiwan -- Foreign relations -- China.
China -- Foreign relations -- China.
Taiwan -- Relations -- China.
China -- Relations -- Taiwan.
China -- Foreign relations -- 21st century.
Taiwan -- Politics and government -- 2000-
- "Focuses on cross-Strait relations during Ma Ying-jeou's first term, assessing the impact of stabilization on economics, politics, and security and the implications for resolution of Taiwan and China's fundamental dispute. Examines how Taiwan can strengthen itself; how China can promote a mutually acceptable outcome; and how Washington can protect its interests in South Asia"--Provided by publisher.
- 1. Introduction
2. Historical and political context
3. Setting the analytical stage
4. Economic stabilization
5. Political and security stabilization
6. The 2012 transitions and scenarios for the future
7. The dynamics of power asymmetry
8. What Taiwan might do to help itself
9. What China might do
10. Policy implications for the United States
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 251-308) and index.
- 9780815723844 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0815723849 (hardcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|