The child brides [videorecording] / produced and directed by Gill Barnes ; an Umbrella Pictures production for Channel 4.
- Princeton, N.J. : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, c2004.
1 videodisc (ca. 51 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Child marriage -- Ethiopia.
Arranged marriage -- Ethiopia.
Marriage customs and rites -- Ethiopia.
Ethiopia -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
- System Details:
- "In many parts of Africa, Asia, and South America, young girls are often engaged by the age of eight, and leave their homes to join their husbands by twelve. In many cases, the younger the girl, the more her family receives in the form of a dowry. This program travels to the most rural and poverty-stricken regions of Ethiopia to expose the common practice of child brides and the consequences for the young girls who often give birth before they are out of childhood."--Container.
- Narrator, Toyin Fani-Kayode.
- Cameraman, Colin Angell ; editor, Margaret Kelly ; narrator, Toyin Fani-Kayode ; executive producer, Louise Panton.
- Videodisc release of a 1998 Channel Four Television production.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1924 Book Fund.
- Barnes, Gill. , Director, Producer
Fani-Kayode, Toyin. , Narrator
Channel Four (Great Britain) , Producer
Films for the Humanities (Firm) , Distributor
Umbrella Pictures. , Producer
Class of 1924 Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- FFH 9324 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|