Franz Boas, 1858-1942 [videorecording] / producer/director, T.W. Timreck ; executive producer, Michael Ambrosino ; a production of Public Broadcasting Associates.
- Watertown, MA : Documentary Educational Resources, c2010.
- Odyssey (Television program : 1980)
1 videodisc (59 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Boas, Franz, 1858-1942.
Anthropologists -- Germany -- Biography.
Anthropologists -- United States -- Biography.
- Documentary television programs.
- Chiefly in English, with one interview in Kwakiutl subtitled in English.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC; all regions; 4:3 full screen; Dolby digital 2.0.
- Profile of the German physicist who was responsible for shaping the course of American anthropology, by bringing discipline and order to a field that had previously dealt in subjective "race classification." Includes reflections and anecdotes by scholars and students, excerpts from journals and letters, and archival photographs. Discusses the Kwakiutl Indians, the principal subjects of Boas' field work.
- Narrator, Harris Yulin, George Hearn ; with George W. Stocking, Jr., William S. Willis, Jr., Margaret Blackman, Gloria Cranmer Webster, Claude Levi-Strauss, Agnes Cranmer, Jack Ruby, Bill Holm, Dell Hymes.
- Camera, Peter Stein, Joe Vitagliana ; researcher, Joan Mark ; editor, Eric W. Handley ; original music, Joe Cuomo.
- "A film by T.W. Timreck."
Originally produced as a 1980 episode of series Odyssey.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Timreck, T. W. (Theodor William) , Director, Producer
Ambrosino, Michael. , Producer
Yulin, Harris. , Narrator
Hearn, George. , Narrator
Cuomo, Joe. , Composer
Public Broadcasting Associates. , Producer
Documentary Educational Resources (Firm) , Producer
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|