The Leonard family, or The history of the Jews, from the captivity to the destruction of Jerusalem : Being a connection between the Old and New Testament history, and serving to illustrate and throw light upon the latter : For Sabbath schools / By the author of "The New Testament history of Christ."
- Other Title:
- History of the Jews, from the captivity to the destruction of Jerusalem
- Boston : Published by Waite, Peirce & Co. no. 1 Cornhill, 1845.
- Waite, Peirce & Co's juvenile library
viii, , 10-136 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Sunday-school literature.
Jews -- History -- 586 B.C.-70 A.D.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- "This little book is intended, more especially, for the Sabbath School Library, and aims to be, not only harmless, conveying no false impressions of life or nature; but also wholesome, presenting certain important and instructive lessons. ... This history is not contained in the Sacred Record; but it is a subject of continued reference"--Preface, p. [v]-vi.
Copyright 1844 by Waite, Peirce & Co.
"Reid & Rand, printers, no. 3 Cornhill, Boston."--verso of title page.
In red cloth.
- Local notes:
- Kaplan Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2012 by Arnold and Deanne Kaplan.
Kaplan Collection copy collectify accession no. 2011.06.15.00001
- Penn Provenance:
- Kaplan, Arnold (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
Kaplan, Deanne (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Waite, Peirce, and Company, publisher.
Reid & Rand, printer.
Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|