The role of art in the construction of personal identity : toward a phenomenology of aesthetic self-consciousness / G.V. Loewen ; with a preface by Farzad Bawani.
- Lewiston, N.Y. : Edwin Mellen Press, c2012.
viii, 164 p. ; 24 cm.
- Identity (Psychology) in art.
- Studying art as a subjective subject
Memory as the grounding of the aesthetic self
The project of placing oneself in the world of art
Art's role in displacing self-consciousness
Personal identifications with art
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|