Ethnicity & race : critical concepts in social work / Carolyn Jacobs and Dorcas D. Bowles, editors.
- Other Title:
- Ethnicity and race
- Silver Spring, MD : National Association of Social Workers, Inc., 1988.
xii, , 242 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Social work with minorities -- United States.
Social work education -- United States.
Mental health services -- United States.
Mental health services -- Study and teaching -- United States.
Ethnic attitudes -- United States.
Race awareness -- United States.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Maryland Silver Spring.
- Part 1. Practice Issues. Introduction to Part 1 / Dorcas D. Bowles; Federalism and People of Color / Marta Sotomayor; Social Networks and Asian Indian Families / Pallassana R. Balgopal; Groups in Puerto Rican Spiritism: Implications for Clinicians / Melvin Delgado; Helping Puerto Rican Families at Risk: Responsive Use of Time, Space, and Relationships / Brenda G. McGowan; Chicano Self-Concept: A Proactive Stance / Maria E. Zuniga; Cultural Evolution of American Indian Families / John Red Horse; Development of an Ethnic Self-Concept among Blacks / Dorcas D. Bowles; Advocacy Research: Social Context of Social Research / Mary E. Davidson
Part 2. Curriculum Issues. Introduction to Part 2 / Carolyn Jacobs; Ethnicity: Theory Base and Practice Link / Shirley Jenkins; Significance of Culture and Power in the Human Behavior Curriculum / Elaine B. Pinderhughes; Frameworks for Introducing Racial and Ethnic Minority Content into the Curriculum / Leon F. Williams; Use of Ethnic Minority Content in Teaching Research / Phillip Fellin; Group Approach to Training Ethnic-Sensitive Practitioners / Anne Currin Adams and Elfriede G. Schlesinger; An Approach for Addressing Racism, Ethnocentrism, and Sexism in the Curriculum / Ivor J. Echols, Carolyn Gabel, Donna Landerman, and Migdala Reyes; Infusion of Minority Content in the Curriculum / Leon W. Chestang.
- Includes bibliographies.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Jacobs, Carolyn, 1946- editor.
Bowles, Dorcas D., editor.
National Association of Social Workers.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0871011557 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|