The rules of "normal" eating : a commonsense approach for dieters, overeaters, undereaters, emotional eaters, and everyone in between! / Karen R. Koenig.
- 1st ed.
- Carlsbad, CA : Gurze Books, c2005.
235 p. ; 18 cm.
- Eating disorders -- Prevention.
Obesity -- Prevention.
Food -- Psychological aspects.
Food habits -- Psychological aspects.
- Medical subjects:
- Feeding and Eating Disorders -- prevention & control.
Obesity -- prevention & control.
Feeding Behavior -- psychology.
- Psychotherapist Koenig lays out the four basic rules that "normal" eaters follow instinctively--eating when they're hungry, choosing foods that satisfy them, eating with awareness and enjoyment, and stopping when they're full or satisfied. Along with specific skills and techniques that help promote change, she presents a proven cognitive-behavioral model of transformation that targets beliefs, feelings, and behaviors about food and eating and points the way toward genuine physical and emotional fulfillment. Readers learn how to reprogram their dysfunctional beliefs, manage uncomfortable feelings without turning to food, and establish new eating habits that tune their bodies into natural sensations of hunger, pleasure, satisfaction, and satiation. Filled with humorous insights, compassion, and practical wisdom, the book outlines balanced attitudes and patterns that benefit all types of eaters.--From publisher description.
- Oh, good, rules! : the rules of "normal" eating
Can't it just happen while I'm sleeping? : the rules of change
If I start now, will I finish before I die? : changing beliefs, feelings, & behaviors
You mean my beliefs are supposed to make sense? : irrational beliefs about food, eating, weight & body
May I have a belief implant, please? : beliefs of "normal" eaters
Can't I pay someone to do this feeling stuff for me? : feelings and feeding
Can you really teach an old mouth new tricks? : "normal" eating behaviors
You mean do unto myself as I would do unto others? : caring for yourself
If I'm gritting my teeth, how will I eat? : daunting eating situations
I get it
keep the body, change the attitude! : body acceptance.
- 0936077212 (alk. paper)
9780936077215 (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|