Dialogue between the ghost of General Montgomery and an American delegate.
- Other records:
- New York : privately printed, 1865 ([New York] : Press of J.M. Bradstreet & Son)
, 5-16 p. ; 24 cm. (4to)
- sex- n.of cey. e-hy (C) 1865 (A)
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1775-1783.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1775-1783 -- Anecdotes, facetiae, satire, etc.
Montgomery, Richard, 1738-1775.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (state) New York.
- Originally issued as part of Paine's Common sense; with the whole appendix, Philadelphia, Bell, 1776.
Privately printed for Charles Congdon. Cf. Moreau, C. The Illustrated catalogue of literature relating to American history, no 41.
With a half-title on first leaf.
Main title in red and black; with title vignette.
Includes reproduction of t.p. of the Philadelphia, Bell, 1776 edition in facsimile.
"Edition 80 copies, 8vo; 20 copies 4to; no. 55 [signed] CC" --from main t.p. verso.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy is numbered in ms. "55" in red ink on verso of t.p., and signed CC.; with an inscription in black ink that reads "With the regards of Charles Congdon, Nov. 1865."
- Penn Provenance:
- Congdon, Charles (autograph) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Gimbel, R. Common sense, CS-218
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|