Bosvvorth-Field : with a taste of the variety of other poems left by Sir John Beaumont, Baronet, deceased / set forth by his Sonne, Sir John Beaumont, Baronet ; and dedicated to the Kings Most Excellent Maiestie.
- London : Printed by Felix Kyngston for Henry Seile, and are to be sold at the Tygers head in Saint Pauls Churchyard, 1629.
, 180, 183-208 p. ; 15 cm. (8vo)
- hein e.e, e.de To (3) 1629 (A)
- Bosworth Field, Battle of, England, 1485 -- Poetry -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Signatures: A⁸ (a)⁴ B-M⁸ N⁸(-N3) O⁸.
The first leaf is blank.
Pages 181-182 are missing and said to be missing in all copies. At the foot of p. 30 some copies have the word Finis.
Title vignette; woodcut initials; head- and tail pieces.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy bound in full calf with gold-tooled double-fillet border; author, title and imprint date stamped in gold on spine; gold-tooled designs on spine; gold-tooled cover edges and turn-ins; all edges red.
Culture Class Collection copy has armorial bookplate of the noble Irish FitzPatrick family of Grantstown Manor, in Queens County, Ireland, with motto "Fortis sub forte fatiscet" on front pastedown.
Culture Class Collection copy has ms. ownership inscription "R:d W. FitzPatrick", perhaps belonging to Richard Wilson Fitzpatrick (1811-1850), Esquire of Grantstown Manor, Queen's County, on front free endpaper.
- Penn Provenance:
- FitzPatrick of Grantstown Manor, Queens County (Ireland) (bookplate) (Culture Class Collection copy)
FitzPatrick, R.W. (autograph) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
FitzPatrick, Richard Wilson, 1811-1850 (autograph) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, S101234
STC (2nd ed.) 1694
- Beaumont, John, Sir, -1644.
Kingston, Felix, printer.
Seile, Henry, 1595-1660, bookseller.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
STC Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|