A vindication of some passages in the fifteenth and sixteenth chapters of the History of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire / by the Author.
- The second edition.
- London : Printed for W. Strahan; and T. Cadell, in the Strand, MDCCLXXIX .
, 158,  p. ; 22 cm. (8vo.)
- rtge 4.er fa.I th7G (3) 1779 (R)
- Gibbon, Edward, 1737-1794. History of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire.
Davis, Henry Edwards, 1756-1784. Examination of the fifteenth and sixteenth chapters of Mr. Gibbon's History of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire.
Church history -- Primitive and early church, ca. 30-600.
Historiography -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- The author is Edward Gibbon.
With a half-title and a final leaf of advertisements.
Price from half-title: [Price 2s. 6d.]
Dated at end: 'February 3, 1779.'.
Written in reply to Davis's An examination of the fifteenth and sixteenth chapters of Mr. Gibbon's History.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has outer margins of final advertisement reinforced.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Norton, J.E. Bibl. of the works of Edward Gibbon, 31
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|