The case against democracy / Steven Michels.
- Santa Barbara, California : Praeger, 
xi, 316 pages ; 25 cm
- United States -- Politics and government -- 21st century.
Democracy -- United States.
- The world needs ditch diggers, too: non-representation
Come together: tyranny of the majority
The trivial pursuit of happiness: materialism and greed
Voting is for old people: non-participation
Culture, clubbed: ignorance and decadence
In the flat field: equality over merit
Red, white, and blue in tooth and claw: self-interest and faction
A bridge to nowhere too far: inefficiency and instability
All she wants to do is dance: isolationism or exceptionalism
Conclusion: fixing the holes.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781440802829 (hardcopy : alk. paper)
1440802823 (hardcopy : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|