Letters from a farmer in Pennsylvania, to the inhabitants of the British colonies.
- The third edition.
- Philadelphia : Printed by William and Thomas Bradford, at the London coffee-house, MDCCLXIX 
, 104 p. ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- n.of e.s, t.by REAL (3) 1769 (R)
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Causes.
Great Britain -- Colonies -- America -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Published anonymously. Attributed to John Dickinson. Cf. ESTC.
Signatures: pi1 A-N⁴.
"Some copies were issued with the engraved portrait of Dickinson that had been advertised in the Pennsylvania Chronicle for October 17, 1768. See: The Annual Report of the John Carter Brown Library, 1953-54, pp. 34-37 and R.T.H. Halsey's edition of Letters from a Farmer in Pennsylvania, New York, 1903, pp. xxxviii-xlii. Two issues [i.e. states?] noted, one with x's on the outside corners of the ornaments around the initial I on p. 1 and one with rosettes."--Adams.
Postscript to last letter signed: D., i.e. John Dickinson.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has partially illegible ms. inscription on title page, presenting this book to the Library of American History in the University of Pennsylvania, dated May 1893.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Evans, 11238
Hildeburn, C.R. Pennsylvania, 2433
Adams, T.R. Amer. pamphlets, 54h
- William and Thomas Bradford (Firm), printer.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|