Spiritual spaces : history and mysticism in Michel de Certeau / edited by Inigo Bocken.
- Leuven ; Walpole, MA : Peeters, 2013.
- Studies in spirituality. Supplement 24.
Studies in spirituality. Supplement ; 24
vi, 178 p. ; 24 cm.
- Certeau, Michel de -- Congresses.
Mysticism -- History -- Congresses.
Spirituality -- Congresses.
- "25 years after his death, Michel de Certeau's thesis of a correlation between the development of modernity and the history of mysticism, still remains a challenge for the study of spirituality in its quest for actual forms of spiritual experience. At the same time, the topographical approach of Certeau's historiography enables to find and to elaborate free spaces within dominating cultural practices. Therefore, a discussion with Certeau's multilayered approach of spirituality and mysticism can play a key role in today's quest for new forms of spiritual experience and conscience. Avoiding both neo-orthodox and purely subjective interpretation of spiritual life, the study of Certeau can open new perspectives for a critical spirituality in the 21st century."--Publisher description.
- Michel de Certeau (1925-1986), a multifaceted intellectual / Willem Frijhoff
Writing the otherness : the historiography of Michel de Certeau SJ / Marian Füssel
Mysterium depopulatum : understanding late medieval worship and piety with the aid of Michel de Certeau / Charles Caspers
Fragmented Christianity and elusive mystical bodies : on Michel de Certeau / Patrick Vandermeersch
Spiritual horizons : Michel de Certeau, everyday practices & the city / Philip Sheldrake
Mysticism, ecclesiology and the body of Christ : Certeau's (mis- )reading of Corpus mysticum and the legacy of Henri de Lubac / Johannes Hoff
Nomad and layman : spiritual spaces in modernity : mysticism and everyday life in Michel de Certeau / Inigo Bocken
Jochanan ben Sakkaï revisited : reflections on Michel de Certeau's reading of Freud's Moses and monotheism / Marc De Kesel
Protestant thought as blind spot? Certeau, Lacan and Luther / Herman Westerink
Who is in secret / Kees Waaijman
Michel de Certeau and the mystical discourse : recollections of a former student / Hein Blommestijn.
- Papers presented at a meeting held in Nijmegen, The Netherlands, under the auspices of the Titus Brandsma Institute for Spirituality.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Bocken, Inigo, 1968-
Titus Brandsma Instituut.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|