Elegant extracts in poetry : selected for the improvement of young persons.
- London : Printed for F.C. and J. Rivington; G. Wilkie, J. Nunn ... [et al.], 1816. (Weybridge, Surry : S. Hamilton)
xvi, 1064 p. ; 25 cm.
- ndin 58al r;e, AhOf (3) 1816 (A)
- Poetry -- Collections.
English poetry -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Book I. Sacred and moral
Book II. Didactic, descriptive, narrative, and pathetic
Book III. Dramatic, &c.
Book IV. Sentimental, lyrical, and ludicrous.
- Edited by Vicesimus Knox.
Printed in two columns.
The general t.p. and t.p. to books 3 & 4 are engraved.
Imprint varies: Published by J. Mawman, & the rest of the Proprietors.
Pagination and register are continuous.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has autograph of Geo. Hayes.
Culture Class Collection copy has newspaper article laid in.
Culture Class Collection copy has typewritten letter from Clifford W. Beers to Mr. & Mrs. Roland L. Taylor laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Hayes, George (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Knox, Vicesimus, 1752-1821.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|