Svvetnam, the vvoman-hater, arraigned by women : a new comedie, acted at the Red Bull, by the late Queenes Seruants.
- Other Title:
- Swetnam, the woman-hater, arraigned by women
Swetnam, arraigned by women
- London : Printed [by William Stansby] for Richard Meighen, and are to be sold at his shops at Saint Clements Church, ouer-against Essex House, and at Westminster Hall, 1620.
 p. ; 19 cm. (4to)
- s,d. e.'n t.-- OfNi (C) 1620 (A)
- Swetnam, Joseph, fl. 1617. Arraignment of lewd, idle, froward, and unconstant women -- Drama -- Early works to 1800.
Swetnam, Joseph, fl. 1617. Arraignment of lewd, idle, froward, and unconstant women -- Controversial literature -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- A reply to: Swetnam, Joseph. The araignment of lewde, idle, froward, and unconstant women.
Mostly in verse.
With a title-page woodcut depicting Swetnam before a court of women.
Printer's name from STC.
First edition and the first edition before the 19th century. Cf. Bookseller's description.
Signatures: pi² A-K⁴ L².
The first leaf and the last leaf are blank.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has bookseller's description laid in.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd ed.), 23544
Greg, W.W. List of English plays, II, 362
Pforzheimer, C.H. Catalogue of English books and manuscripts, 999
- Stansby, William, active 1597-1638, printer.
Meighan, Richard, publisher.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
STC Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|