The end of sex : how hookup culture is leaving a generation unhappy, sexually unfulfilled, and confused about intimacy / Donna Freitas.
- New York : Basic Books, c2013.
xv, 221 p. ; 21 cm.
- College students -- Sexual behavior.
Youth -- Sexual behavior.
Dating (Social customs).
- Discusses how college students are pressured by their peers to have casual sexual encounters which leave them ambivalent and isolated, and presents advice on how they can avoid unwanted sex and form healthy, more meaningful relationships.
- Introduction. The second shift of college
Hookup world : the what, the why, the how, the classic vs. the serial
The all-purpose alcohol solution
Opting in to a culture of casual sex
Learning to play the part (of porn star) : the sexualization of college girls
Why we get boys wrong : the emotional glass ceiling
The virginity excuse and other modes for opting out of hookup culture (sort of)
Opting out : rethinking abstinence in the age of hookup culture
Opting out of hookup culture via the date
Conclusion. A new kind of sex education : Good Sex 101 and critical living skills.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 9780465002153 (hbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|