Observations relating to the coin of Great Britain : Consisting Partly of Extracts from Mr Locke's Treatise concerning Money, but chiefly of such Additions thereto, as are thought to be very necessary at this Juncture : not only for remedying the present great Scarcity of Silver, but for putting a Stop to those Losses which this Nation suffers by the over-valuing of Gold-Money, and by prohibiting both the Melting and Exporting of British Coin : Whereunto is annexed, Sir William Petty's Quantulumcunque concerning money; Reprinted from an Edition that was printed for private Use in the Yar 1695; and corrected by a Manuscript Copy of very good Authority / by J. Massie.
- Other Title:
- Observations relating to the coin of Great Britain
- London : Printed for T. Payne, in Castle-Street, Charing-Cross; sold by W. Owen, at Temple-Bar; and C. Henderson, under the Royal-Exchange, MDCCLX .
, 40,  p. ; 25 cm. (4to)
- 5.ll 'ser a-it Goge (3) 1760 (R)
- Currency question -- Great Britain.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- The booksellers W. Owen and C. Henderson are bracketed together in the imprint.
Price from imprint: (Price One Shilling.)
With a final leaf of advertisements for tracts written by J. Massie.
The Quantulumcunque has special t.p.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has stamp of Library of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Penn Provenance:
- University of Pennsylvania. Library (stamp) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Kress Lib., 5873
Higgs, H. Bibl. of economics, 2251
- Locke, John, 1632-1704.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Petty, William, Sir, 1623-1687. Quantulumcunque concerning money.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|