The examination of Doctor Benjamin Franklin, before an August assembly, relating to the repeal of the Stamp-Act, &c.
- [Boston : Reprinted by Edes and Gill?, 1766]
23,  p. ; 20 cm. (8vo)
- s.se d?h- s.s? seQ. (3) 1766 (Q)
- Great Britain. Stamp Act (1765)
Taxation -- United States -- Early works to 1800.
United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Causes.
Stamp duties -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- Colonies -- America -- Finance -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Signatures: A-C⁴ (C4 verso blank).
Caption title. Thin and thick rule at top of title.
The examination of Franklin and others was held Feb. 3-13, 1766, before the House of Commons, sitting in Committee of the whole. cf. Franklin's Complete works, ed. by John Bigelow, v.3, 1887, p.407-454.
Imprint suggested by Evans.
Published simultaneously in Philadelphia, Boston and New York.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has ms. autograph "Jas[?] C.H.", dated 1765, on title page.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Evans, 10302
- Franklin, Benjamin, 1706-1790.
Edes and Gill, printer.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|