An alarm to the legislature of the province of New-York, occasioned by the present political disturbances, in North America : addressed to the honourable representatives in General assembly convened.
- New York : printed for James Rivington, MDCCLXXV 
13,  p. 19 cm. (8vo)
- ist, n.o- S.5. bySu (3) 1775 (R)
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1775-1783.
New York (State) -- Politics and government -- 1775-1783.
- Booksellers' advertisements -- New York -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (state) New York.
- Signatures: A⁸.
The authorship of this, and three tracts signed "A. W. farmer" (A Westchester farmer) is variously attributed to Samuel Seabury, or to Isaac Wilkins, or to both jointly, and to others. --Cf. J. Winsor, Narr. and crit. hist., 1888, v. 6, p. 104; H.B. Dawson, Westchester county, 1886, p. 137; F.B. Dexter, Yale biog. 2d ser. 1896, p. 183-184.
Dated on p. 13: New-York, January 17, 1775.
Advertisement on p.  and  at end for: "The following pamphlets, relating to the present controversy between Great-Britain, and the colonies, are to be had of James Rivington ...."
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy quarter bound in brown morocco over marbled boards; brief title stamped in gilt on spine.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, W37163
- Wilkins, Isaac, 1742-1830.
Rivington, James, 1724-1802, printer.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|